Hawaiian Girl

Friday, September 08, 2006

NOT SOO BAD.....UNTILLLL......

Well, the day has arrived. Let me just begin by saying God works in mysterious ways!!! we do are normal routine but this time giving a "heads up". I tell her I got to go to work today ( a lie, but some are ok..) I explain the whole I'll be back speech. Shes being HER. very cool , confident, then we get out of the car...she says while putting on her backpack--"Mom, don't hold my HAND". MY JAW DROPPED!!! I " Pretend" I'm not shocked ( as a fellow blogger forwarned me....thank you) We go in the class room, she runs outside to play. she DITCHED ME FASTER than I was hoping for. I didn't know if I should say goodbye, I'm going now, or just leave. I thought that would look mean, so I said "I'm going, but I'll be back, give me a kiss!" She did, and then kinda looked at me like hmmmm whats going on here. I got scared I just made it worse. Quickly said go play, she did. go to my car feeling "alright". Turned the key....DEAD. OH MY GOSH....I FINALLY HAVE A FREE DAY...AND MY CAR IS DEAD!!!! Here we go...call the hubby, hes very busy ( but working close by ) and I have to wait ( could be hour, longer...) he wasn't sure. He's a Electrician, and in the middle of heavy work load. Don't have tow service, no money on me ( I was just dropping off my child) NOW I BEGIN TO CRY.....
At least 40 " guys" walk by me without FLINCHING...my hood is up and clearly need help.. they kinda smirk and keep going. I think to myself....if I was a guy I would ask at least if there is something i could do....now I'm pissed off at "MEN" then it turns into well if I had big boobs, a short dress...NOT ONE OF THESE GUYS WOULD JUST WALK BY ME!!!! aaarrrrgg, my mind drifts into BODY IMAGE.,...I'm sobbing more.
This really nice guys walks by , after I've wiped my tears, and says YA NEED HELP???!!! I wanted to cry again ( cuz he was sooo nice). Holding it together, I say PLEASE!!! bang, bang, try it now...vaarroooooom!!! ah YES!!! then he even proceeds to tell me what to do next...take to Sears, have them look at this, this, & that! sooo sweet.
I off in a cloud of carbon!!!! I think on the way home, that in EVERY bad comes a good.....I believe God allowed me a "distraction" so I can be at Peace with Tiki being at school!!!! I was dealing with soo much this morning, I didn't have that time to worry about her...uh, but I do now....I better go wash the car, and hope it starts in time to pick her up!!

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Katie Bowen said...

Dina, I laughed SO hard reading this story! You MUST have been a New Yorker in another life, and maybe you and I were also SISTERS! GOD! You remind me of myself! Mostly about the body image thing, I mean hey, we're still young, we're still hot, and isn’t it a TREND Right now for men to be digging the hell out of us, stretch marks and ALL???? What is UP with those guys? How DARE they walk by you!!! Also, I so related to you crying because everything sucked, but then crying even more because of someone’s kindness.

Yes Dina, God does work in mysterious ways, he takes us down roads and up hills, but he always brings us together... YOU LIVED YOUR LIFE TODAY GIRL!!! You ROCK!!!

Love,

Katie

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Dina said...

Katie, I feel the same when I read your stuff...ALOT of same same going on here!! I WISH I HAD a undercover camera with me, then go pad up my bra, make my shorts SHORTER, and see how FOCUSED MEN ARE!!! (whether to be the good guy or the Rico Suave)! It was a experience I WONT FORGET!!!

XXOOXXOO Dina

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Candy said...

GREAT post! 'nuff said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home