Hawaiian Girl

Friday, January 11, 2008

TODAY SEEMS TO BE ABOUT FRIENDS.



This is my friend Kevyn. He owns one of the Catamaran's off Waikiki Beach for tourist. He has battled throat cancer for years, and lately is not doing well. Today him and his friend Jimmy were bbq-ing at the beach, and while I was off to see a movie..I feel God pulling me towards "Take time to visit Kevyn". so I changed my plans. I cruised by , sat with them before I had to pick up my baby girl. If you knew Kevyn this guy is DIFFERENT!! VERY different sense of humor. we were all laughing sooo hard, making hot dogs, people watching...but the bottom line is I saw his pain in between the laughter. It hurts to watch someone that is near & dear to you to see them this way. We parted ways, talking of renting a house on the North Shore with "the old gang" and spending good memories together. Truth be told, we know he's not doing well.....lets have a party WITH KEVYN, and NOT WAIT till he's gone to get us all together. I think we will have a Kevyn Roast!! HE'D LOOOVE IT!



With the view, and beauty we had ...it was a very good day to laze around with good people!

8 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

I am so glad to see you are up and about! Also glad you could spend some time with your friend. I agree about the party WITH Kevyn. Celebrate his life with him. He will be added to my prayer list.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

You are smart to listen to your to your feelings. It sounds like you had a great day with your friends and the fresh air probably did you good. Laughter, is one of the best medicines, so you did both of you some good. I'll put Kevyn in my prayers too!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Candy said...

I'll pray for Kevyn too. I am so glad you followed your heart and spent time with him. How often do we have those thoughts and we ignore them. You will never regret that choice, my friend.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I thought of you while I was in Orlando on our Young Life staff conference because one of our speakers was Wayne Cordiero from New Hope Christian Fellowhip in O'ahu, HA! He was great! He was telling about his ministries in Hawaii and you are now the only person I know that lives there. So, just wanted you to know that I thought about you this past week. When I left for the trip you weren't feeling well. Sounds like you're doing much better. Thank goodness for that!!!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I finally found out how to make your blog one that I can subscribe to as a feed. On your settings, click on Site Feed, then Allow Blog Feeds "Full".....I'd love to know when you post!!!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Dina said...

Rachel, thats OUR PASTOR!! He is AWESOME!!! I used to volunteer do work in the coffee shop and had the pleasure of seeing him, getting his coffee for their weekly meetings...Wayne Coridero has blessed Hawaii beyond ANY MEASUREMENTS....how cool!!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Kala said...

I read this post the other day and did not know what to say. Its a sad story and yet, its a beautiful one too. Sad in that life is never forever and the company we share will not always be there for another day everyday. Beautiful that you wrote a caring post about a wonderful person to celebrate his life in the only way meaningful - with the loving company of his family and friends.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Vonnie said...

I hadn't been reading blogs since before you posted this one. I am so sorry to hear Kevyn isn't doing well. We enjoyed meeting him AND getting a free ride on his catamaran (thanks to you). We will keep him in our prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home