Hawaiian Girl

Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Anela Calls......


Tiki has a few middle names. One of which is Anela. (Ah-nell-ah) Means "Angel" in Hawaiian.
I was having a troubling night ( nothing in particular, maybe just hormones?!). It was one of those nights I was missing my Mom & Dad. I was in my own room, having my own "tears",when my Anela walked in. She noticed before I could hide.
"MOM? WHAT'S WRONG?!" with as much concern as an adult would say.
"I just miss my Mom & Dad alot right now, I'm ok. she gives me a kiss on the head and says "I'll be right BACK!" she scurries off to what I'm assuming will be some tissue.
In walks Tiki holding Alika's hand. she boasts "Daddy is here to help you , and give you a hug".
Now I'm embarrased, crying even mooooore ( that she was soo helpful). While Alika is hugging me she is next to us and looks up for a conversation.....WITH GOD.
"Hi God! um....my mom misses her Mommy & Daddy, so can you send them down here real quick?? (as thought she got the answer) THANKS GOD!" "Mom, they're on their way".
Quickly went from tears of sad to tears of JOY!!!

6 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

What a treasure! Now I have tears of joy for you too. You are so lucky to have such an angel. Children are such blessings. One day they make your heart soar and then there are those other days. I treasure those soaring days!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Sarah, Alan, Kai and Daisy said...

Your angel is so sweet, Dina! You are raising her right. In addition to being an awesome mom, you are also a great writer! Your story brought tears to my eyes. :) -Sarah

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Wow! It's so nice to have someone that can help. Naomi is a lot like Tiki, always willing to help and make it better. You are truely blessed, enjoy!

I wish I had great words of wisdom to make you feel better too, but I am at a loss, it's a good thing Tiki's around.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger badneck said...

I used to crew on the manu kai back in the 80's! I still think of kev when I think of the time I spent in hawaii. He dosent seem like the kinda guy who would use a computer do you know how I can get in touch with him?? My name is Billy Epp and I worked with him and Herb Nahinu.my email is badneck1@aol.com

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Kala said...

now that is a tear jerker story - your daughter has kindness in her heart that is a reflection of the kindness in your and your husbands - you both raised a wonderful loving daughter! =D

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Now this is a precious story of how God uses the little ones in our lives to bring us closer to Him. She is amazing. So are you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home