Hawaiian Girl

Sunday, March 09, 2008

I've CROSSED "THAT" LINE !!!


AND IT'S ON!!! There comes a time when your a MOM, that you progress, I guess I would call it. You start to regain who YOU ARE. It's been 4 years, 3 months and 9 days. I feel like I'm getting a chance to be ME again. I've sat on the beach many times, watching my child and because I was ALWAYS THERE..people took advantage and would want me to watch their kids while they go PLAY. This weekend, was by far a memorable weekend. Now I'm not talking as though I haven't had memorable weekends with my darling girl & husband, but for a change , I talking about memorable JUST FOR ME! We have 2 stand up paddles now, and I always seem to feel the "other one" is for all our guest. AND IT IS!! but I looked at Tiki who was playing with all the other kids, all the other adults were watching her, and I FINALLY ASKED SOMEONE TO WATCH HER...IT WAS SOOO EASY ( I guess I don't want to bother anyone....I made her , she is MY responsibility.) They couldn't believe me asking...GO, HAVE FUN. But I did do this now more so, because in watching her, she KNOWS WHO IS FAMILY, FRIENDS, and she stays in one spot. So took MY BOARD out.!!! what a rejuvenation!! I know I've done it in the past, only to do it for 1/2 before I'm back on the beach. NOPE , NOT ANYMORE. I was gone with 3 other girls who are just beginning and we cruised 3 miles around the coast. AH, I can't even share with you the AMAZING things you see in the beautiful waters. soossooooo clear!! coral, fish, stingray, and just doing this with others, it was cool. then before heading in, caught 3 waves. ATE LUNCH, BACK OUT THERE. ALL DAY LONG. if you ever get a chance to stand-up-paddle, whether it's in a river, lake, beach, DO IT. it's such a awesome workout.....LEGS, STOMACH, SHOULDERS, BACK , ARMS. I just can't wait to do it again, & again....Next time I promise to take my water camera to show what I get to see....
As for now...i cant moooove. I'm sooo sore but it's all GOOD :) !!

5 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger badneck said...

I just started stand up surfing it is a blast. Thank you for that number but I feal really weird calling kevyn. I dont even know If he will remember me. Does he have email? sorry to be a pain. If its to much trouble Dont bother I will get the nerve to call...m email is badneck1@aol.com

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

My shoulders started aching for you as I read this but am so happy that you did something for YOU and had a great day. We all need to do things like that, that feed our spirits. Keep it up!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Oh man, Dina that is awesome! I was thinking that very thing before I read your post. I feel like I am just now getting some
"time". Enjoy it, you deserve it and it will make the time you have with your family so much better!

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger SUPSURFMAG said...

You're hooked like the rest of us my friend. In a few sessions, the soreness will be gone and you'll be stoked! I can remember more than one day when I've stand up paddle surfed myself to exhaustion...it's a good feeling. I bet those sore muscles are happy reminders of an epic day on the water.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Good for you! I cannot even imagine how sore I would be! And YES! take the camera!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home