Hawaiian Girl

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

KINDERGARTEN ??????


SOMEONE PINCH ME!! I was just recently told that she should sign up for Kindergarten....I felt my heart drop, palms get sweaty..as though SHE just told me she's movin out!!!
I guess I felt everything is JUST fine her staying in the preschool she's at. Sort of like a little time machine letting me know she'll stay young forever...until they told me. Now I was 3 months late in sending in her Application.
I should of wrote a attached letter stating something like this...
"Please excuse Tiki's late application...I was hoping she never gets older and stops wearing pig tails."
oh, I don't know which is worse, knowing she's getting older or ME getting older. am I alone on this?

6 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Candy said...

I wouldn't want her to grow up either. Look at that face!! It's definitely way harder to accept that they're getting older than that I am. I mean, I actually feel younger in some ways than I ever have! Maybe it's because I'm free!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

With the time flying by, who has time to think?!

The trend here is to start kids in kindergarten as late as possible to give them an advantage of maturity and size. As you well know, they grow up SUPER fast once they start school! We never grow old!!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

Don't rush her. I think a December birthday child should wait. When our children have fall birthdays, we don't start school early. It is better to graduate when they are 18. If she starts now, she would be going away to college when she is still 17.

What is old?

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Dina said...

Yeah, I would keep her in Preschool, but it's either preschool for $800. a month or kindergarten for free. she can take kindergarten again!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Indigo said...

I was an October baby. They ley me go to school and then because I was so "smart" they skipped a grade. I ended up in Grade 9, 12 years old, the youngest, the tallest. When I graduated from high school at 16 no university would take me for 2 years.

You always miss your baby. I am 55 now and my baby is 33. He does nort, at 6'3" crawl onrt my lap anymore. Sigh.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Indigo said...

I was an October baby. They let me go to school and then because I was so "smart" they skipped a grade. I ended up in Grade 9, 12 years old, the youngest, the tallest. When I graduated from high school at 16 no university would take me for 2 years.

You always miss your baby. I am 55 now and my baby is 33. He does not, at 6'3" crawl onto my lap anymore. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home