Hawaiian Girl

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

THAT'S THE BREAKS!!!!



So THIS IS ALL the pictures I have from my FIRST SURF CONTEST!!! Does it look ANYTHING like a surf contest????Noooooooooooooooo......cuz mommy took Tiki out surfing about an hour before my heat, and ripped up the bottom of my big toe on the reef!!! A really nice cut!! I tried to look at it in the water. Tiki said "Let me look" she calmly said "Mom, we need to get out of the water". I KNEW the second I hit it, it was deep. My girlfriend cleaned it all out & said stay OUT of the water for 4/5 days. We have had numerous friends who have gotten staph infections that lasted SEVERAL MONTHS, not to mention how dangerous it is!!! Reef cuts are full of bacteria. The waves were up & down. I was bummed when my heat went out...it was perrrrrfect!!! My friend went in for me ( I called her my Stunt double). While they were out there ...the HUGEST , SCARIEST SET CAME IN.....I suddenly felt BETTER. THANKING GOD FOR KEEPING ME OUT OF THERE!!!! Once again, everything is AS IT SHOULD BE.

5 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Vonnie said...

Sorry about your toe - and not getting to surf, but I'm glad you are safe.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Frankie said...

there's nothing worse than a sore toe. get well soon.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

Ouch! It just wasn't your time to surf. Next time it will be great! Hope you are feeling better!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Sorry about your toe. Nice duct tape, that is a great idea. What are you doing to fight off infection? I hope it gets better soon!

I can't wait to see you in action on that board. Let us know when the next compition is.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Candy said...

ouch! God is good like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home