Hawaiian Girl

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Today I am


I have had some health issues lately. Nothing serious, but when i don't KNOW what it is...I get scared. While waiting at the Doc's office, I saw this lovely old lady walking toward me. she walked as though she was walking on egg shells, and about as slow as a snail. IT IMMEDIATELY CAUGHT MY ATTENTION , AS I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH MY SISTER. I quickly remember hearing sounds from the phone ( sis was talking, I was mesmerized by the old lady). I noticed her hair...same as my Nana. Her wrinkled hands that were as soft as a baby's. the thin watch strap,...same as Nana. She finally made it passed me and SMELLED like my grandma. I instantly began to follow her. With each step, my eyes were glued on her as though I saw my beloved Nana!! Hung up the phone ( I wanted the FULL EFFECT) tears were welling up in my eyes. I have "thought" of my Nana -OFTEN, but today was different. I wanted to run up to that poor old lady and ask her if SHE COULD BE MY GRANDMA!! I know, I know....how silly. It sure wasn't at the time. I TRIED SOOO HARD NOT TO CRY THIS WHOLE TIME OF OBSERVING HER. As I followed her to the pharmacy, she picked up various candy bars....I smiled and left so I wouldn't go to jail for harassing a lovely old lady!!!

6 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

That has to be the oddest feeling, seeing someone you KNOW you know, but it isn't them.

Think of it as a gift. Another momement to relive the sights and smell of the one you love.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Frankie said...

"Sweet Memories"

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Candy said...

This is precious. You probably would have made her day if you'd introduced yourself and told her that she reminded you of your own Nana.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Reverend Shawn said...

there is an old theological concept - one shared by First Nations people around the globe that tells us that spirits walk among us - we need only have our eyes opened to see them ... Maybe, just maybe, the woman you saw was a visit from your Nana to bring you strength and comfort when you needed it ...

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Kala said...

that was a cute and loving story - about a love for your beloved nana.

I can tell you from experience, after having crashed my bike full speed into a car that came out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago, the body is very resilient. Its the mind that needs some scoldings =)

Its ez to say but difficult to convince - you can't control what you don't know and you can only control what your mind believes it can, so believe in your bodys healing ability and trust in the support of those around you! You are never alone in times of challenges. =D

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

Hope you are feeling better! Maybe you needed to remember the love you feel for your Nana. She lived a long life. Hope you follow in her footsteps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home