Hawaiian Girl

Friday, October 20, 2006

MIRACLE BIRTHDAYS !!!!

Here is my Gorgeous MOM! Making a Thanksgiving dinner..while her 3 ( out of 4 ) ( I'm not in photo) watched on.. My Mom's B-day is March 12th. so are ALL 3 of her kids shown here!!
None, were taken out by c-section...My Brother Tim (left) sister Teri and brother Greg. Howz that?!! March 12th was always a special day at our house...but I can remember....when I was very young...I DIDN'T GET IT!! WHY is everyone but ME getting presents??!!!!!! My dad used to pull me to the side ( so the others couldn't see) and he gave me a wrapped box. He would say " Shhhh, Don't tell the others...THIS IS THE SPECIAL PRESENT". I wish I could remember what it was, but I thought "IT MUST be SPECIAL, because they all have to open theres in front of each other!" Looking back of course, I realize now that I'm a parent, he was feeling sorry for me & wanted me to have some fun too". For many, many years I've been the oddball of the bunch...Then my Sister Teri, had her 1st born on.....YEP! MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I WAS NO LONGER THE LONER OF BIRTHDAYS!!! My mother & father are now in Heaven together....but they sure created a memorable day that will be with ALL of us FOREVER!!!

3 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY THERE DINA!
THIS IS SUCH A PRECIOUS PICTURE OF THE FAMILY. READING THIS JUST MADE ME CRY, AND THINK HOW FORTUNATE I AM TO STILL HAVE MY PARENTS AROUND FOR THE HOLIDAYS...
TIME IS OF ESSENCE AND THIS MADE ME REALIZE THAT I NEED TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH THEM......
I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF TERRI, AND SHE STILL LOKKS THE SAME....YOU DO A GREAT JOB......

ALOHA,
URSEL

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Dina said...

thanks Ursel!!! She DOES look the same yeah???!!! Thanks for checking in!

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Candy said...

That is a great story. What a cool dad. I think you look just like your gorgeous mother. Really!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home