Hawaiian Girl

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Her yearly physical......

You don't realize the changes that happen right under your very own eyes...until you "see" the numbers in writing. Tiki has grown shy of 5" in one year....and lately when I hold her or carry her do I notice how long she seems.
I tell her she's my Baby, and with insult in her voice she barks back "MOM!! I"M NOT A BABY ANYMORE!!!". I know this....I see what everybody keeps warning me about..."Don't blink, or you'll miss it all". I'm scared...I realize shes only 3 ( to all who is reading) but I promise you.....
to us.....she doesn't "need" us like she did when she was young...her independent is a part of growing, sometimes a bit annoying.....but the truth is....

she's getting soo big.




I miss my "Little baby".

8 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Awww - she's growing up.

The cool thing is that you get to enjoy NEW kinds of experiences with her. But even these days, I see my mom looking whistfully at pics of us kids when we were little.

Here's hoping you find a way to make "Time Stand Still," if only for a little while.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I love your pictures! I know what you mean about your baby not being a baby any more, IT IS SOOO SAD!!! They don't understand that YOU need them, they just want their independance. Just love on her all you can when she will let you.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

i do know what you mean..when whitney went into size 2 shoes i came home and cried i mean really cried...

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Dina said...

scott- your sooo right....having a conversation with her (instead of sign language because we couldn't understand each other) is a huge deal. So cute to hear your Mother looks over pictures of when your little. I think all us "mom's" love being needed!!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Dina said...

oops I meant to talk to Kathy & Beverly before I posted....(the mind is the first to go!)

KATHY-I do NEED her alot...alot more than I ever thought I would.

Beverly-funny you mentioned shoes!! I just went to get her some and maybe cuz we live in Hawaii...wearing slippers (flip-flops) all the time I just picks what fits....when it came time to actually buy a SHOE....I had a Heart Attack and wanted to CRY myself....i completely "GET IT"!!!

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Not to mention she couldn't be any more adorable. Great pictures! You all look so happy. I love that!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Scott said...

What are these "shoes" you speak of, and why in the world would anyone wear anything other than slippers?

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Katie Bowen said...

I see Tiki and think, oh, I miss Annie when she was a baby like that! And someone else looks at Annie and longs for their own 17-year-old to be a baby like that. And someone looks at the teenager and longs for their 30-year-old to be a baby like that.

Tiki IS a baby and she will always be your baby.

(But I do know exactly what you mean...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home