Hawaiian Girl

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just a normal Wednesday.....





Today was suppose to be a BIG DAY for Tiki. She had a audition for a commercial! But there was a small catch..they wanted her DAD TO COME TOO. ( By the way this was couple weeks ago...) I laughed, cuz I knew EXACTLY how Alika was going to feel about this. It went like this:

Me: "Hi hon, guess what?! Tiki has a audition for a commercial"

Alika: "REALLY?! COOL"

Me: "It gets better....YOU HAVE TO AUDITION WITH HER"

(all I hear, is the sound of crickets...)

Me:" HELLO?!"

Alika:"ME? ohhhhh, why?!...(now he hears crickets..) OK, I'LL DO IT FOR TIKI!"

Anyway, they went and he came back telling me how it went....it was a health commercial about "Clear the smoke". The director said "your going to feed her a bowl of cereal ( but in the commercial the premise is "WOULD YOU FEED A BOWL OF CIGARETTES TO YOUR CHILD?")

Alika said the first spoonful, he gave it to her...and he was like " do you like it?". He said she couldnt answer, but nodded.

I said "why couldn't she answer?" he said "cuz I fed her such a huge spoonful , her eyes popped out". he said she stayed in character, like "yeah Daddy, it's yummy" ( with just her nod) he began to laugh. I was like "ALIKA!"

He said the director was like "this time, just give her a LITTLE BIT"(very disappointed)

It was pretty funny, and so typical of my dear husband...he was more nervous than her! Anyway, they had fun, we didn't get a call back. Today was the day they were filming the commercial. While my husband lays on the couch sleeping in pain ( he had dental surgery ), and Tiki is playing in school....everyone is exactly where they should be. Tomorrow is another day!

7 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

Hope Alika is okay. Dental surgery sounds PAINFUL. You had me worried with the last few posts.
re: footprints - I have been carried most of the time for the last two years. What would we do without our faith?

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Dina said...

Alika is just fine! He doesn't like being off work and not being able to go to the beach...he becomes very irriatable. If he's not working, he wants to be in the water!!

I know where I would be without faith...IT'S NOT PRETTY!!!

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

The story about the commercial is FUNNY!

Glad to see Alika is doing well, stick a life jacket on him an put that man in the water. That way everyone will be doing good, nobody likes a irriatable patient!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Vonnie said...

Alika probably blew the commercial. Tiki is so adorable she shouold be in movies. Or not...
I didn't realize your dad was connected with movie studios. What did he do? I was an extra in a movie once.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Dina said...

vonnie- he was a sound man, now my brother has been doing the same thing for 28 years!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Kala said...

That was wonderfully written and a great story - I can't imagine the pain of a dental surgery! Tiki's got quite a bit of stories to share when she grows up! So where is your fav place to be?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Dina said...

kala- in the water!!! especially when the sun is shining, and little wind/clouds!! anyside of the island! My husband does surf contest, so were usually where the contests are!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home