Hawaiian Girl

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Just a LITTLE CRUSH.....


Not sure what made me think about it....but I DID. so I thought I'd share.
My dad used to work on Trapper John M.D. Everytime my dad would work on a new show, my favorite part was finding out WHO was in it!!! ( my next favorite thing was "reading" the script ...)
Anyway, when I first found out he was going to work on that show...I was HIGHLY dissapointed!!!
They were NO YOUNG GUYS MY AGE...and it looked as though he was set to work on this for YEARS....AAHHHHH.
As usual....when I could ( my Dad preferred when they were on "Location"...I always preferred when they filmed on the LOT because I'd always "cruise" around and see many, many stars!! and eating at the commissary was a GUARANTEE to see top celebs!!)
Anyway, back to this boring story :)....I went for the first time, and hours later Gregory Harrison emerged from his trailor. Never did I think he was cute, look able...Until he looked at me with those BLUE EYES, smiled , and introduce himself to ME!!! ( that was unusual for most celebs back then..) I think I turned bright RED....and fell MADLY IN LOVE ( come on I was like 16....). He was just sooo unlike most. He was actually HOT!! He talked of his surfing, which I ONLY pictured surfers to be blond, YOUNGER, dumb... Needless to say, I had a bit (BIG BIT) of a kiddie crush on him fast!
I recently seen "Au Pair" a kiddie movie he did and those memories of his sweet smile and my face turning completely red came back....wonder what Gregory Harrison is doing these days??!!

5 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

WHAT A LIFE! I had many crushes too but never had a face to face encounter.

What do you think about those surfers NOW!!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

what did your dad do on these shows?..man, you are famous..hey..willie nelson signed my belt once.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Dina said...

K-what do I think of surfers now?? they come in ALL shapes & sizes AND PROFESSIONS!!

Bev- My Dad was a Sound Mixer..and my brother followed suit. He is a boom man ( holds the mircrophone above the actors head to capture the SOUND ) It truly was exciting to visit their jobs..alot of people I would take with me got very bored...I loved every minute of it!!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Kala said...

That is funny - thats a crazy story about your dad! I'm not even sure what to say about that one - at first I thought you were joking but I guess you're dad's got one of the sweetest jobs! What a great way to grow up. The one person I'd like to meet is that lady from the series, "Lost", Evangeline Lily =)
I think I saw her once by Pipeline but I could not tell for sure. And btw, thanks for that nice comment you wrote - that is one of the nicest ones I've ever received and its so true - my friend and I was just talking about how many people will actually get to go there was we were hiking.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Dina said...

Kala...it just soo happens my sister n law works as the hairdresser on "Lost"....hmm maybe we should visit her so you can meet Evangeline!!! they go back to filming in late July!! I'll keep ya posted! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home