Hawaiian Girl

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

WHEN A STRANGER COMES ALONG.....


Today at 5:30am I can hear Alika's truck in the driveway...TRYING to start. After 10 minutes ( and probably ticked off neighbors) he gave up. He called in, we took daughter to school, fixed the truck and off to the beach for some stand up paddling.
The best part was when BOTH of us went on the same board, trying to balance,. caught a wave ( we were sitting as though were in a kayak now) and took it all the way in.! It was soo fun. Then I said "you sit in front, I'll stand up" we did it, he stood up and all of a sudden our friend Lance surfing right next to us jumped off HIS board and onto OURS!!!
Now all 3 of us (on ONE board) riding the wave. It was very cool!!
When we came in a lovely couple from London was talking with me,and after some time, went there way. about an hour later she came by my tent to say "nice to chat with you" then she said " Have a splendid life". As she walked away, I thought what a different way to say goodbye to someone. She knew she would never see me again, and could of easily just said "buh, bye". but a SPLENDID LIFE??!!! I wanted to cry. to me it was soo REAL. and wishful for me....so , I think at the advise of a complete stranger...I will CONTINUE TO HAVE A SPLENDID LIFE!!!!

5 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

I agree, I sometimes say 'have a great day' but an excellent life is soooooo much better. Sorry I missed your birthday. I too hope you have a wonderful rest of your life. Sounds like you and Alika had very special day. Alika's truck not starting was a blessing in disguise.
p.s. that is a beautiful photo of you and Tiki.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

That is the coolest. Isn't it the weirdest thing though to strike up a conversation with someone and really enjoy it and know you will never see them again..

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Dina said...

d-thanks for the b-day wishes! I don't have to many pix of Tiki & I ( because I'M always taking the picture) so it was nice that I got a good one!

bev-yes, I got a glimpse of these peoples lives ( they both are writers) and we talked of life in the Islands and life in London. I could talk to people all day long. I really am a "people person".

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

What a wonderful day!! I bet you were already on top of the world, spending time with Alika feeling free and then you were blessed even more. I believe in karma and you are living it!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Candy said...

I love that - people are fascinating. And it was real and it was good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home