Hawaiian Girl

Friday, August 29, 2008

Being ME!!!



This is my friend Tammy Moniz. She is the mother of 5 wonderful kids who are HOT, HOT , HOT!! (surfers) Her husband, Tony is a professional surfer and they own their own surf company.

It's Friday, and I met up with my other friends Ashley & Caroline ( who I don't have pictures of yet!)

I love going out with Tammy because she PUSHES me. she is somewhat new to the standing up surfing, so we have a good time together!

Caroline & Ashley like to go in the pond @ Ala Moana where the water is flat and they cruise and talk. Tammy & I like the action!

This was my 1st time out to a new surf spot. Alika was helping me get out (there is a rock wall & waves crashing as you get in & out). Tammy got out faster...this IS HER SPOT. She started yellin at me. I just kept yelling back!! "ok, ok I'm coming". With a smile on her face she KEPT YELLING. this girl is a bit impatient (thinking jokingly to myself). Finally I get closer to her...still saying something! I'm now at a audible range!! I can hear her!!

" I JUST SAW A 6FT. SHARK!!" Suddenly my fun face switches to Holy *@*#$*@!!!!! How can I possible surf a new spot, KNOWING I'm going to fall and enjoy this??!! Every time I caught a wave , I made sure i didn't fall!!! But it didn't last. I fell. And was sure , Mr or Mrs. shark was waiting for ME! Like a little kid who quickly swims to the edge of the pool once they realize they've gone too far, I was on my board faster than anyone has every seen!!! what a vision I must of been!

I wanted to go in. I didn't want Tammy to think I was a wuss! I just kept going. Finally, because the waves were big, I was exhausted! We joined the 2 other girl for cruise time.

Tammy had a great idea. Lets race...a "friendly" race ( uh huh,,,sure!) off we go, I was paddling fast..singing "girls just wanna have fuuunnn" when suddenly my board STOPS on a DIME!! I go flying through the air over my board...missing the nose( of my board) by an inch, only to find out Tammy meant to grab my leash to slow me down & instead it stopped & jerked me. She was very apologetic ( through all her hysterical laughing)!! That, I should of had a picture of .

Did I mention?? This is my friend ,Tammy??.....

All in all, I was free!! I was Dina. I was not a Mom, not Alika's "other half". I was Dina. with my girls....man!....that was a great afternoon!

3 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Oh Dina, I am so jealous!!! (still VERY happy for you).

It sounds like you had a great day full of fun and surprizes. I hope you get more days like this to bring a smile to your face and peace to your life.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger KJS said...

God. You totally live the most tropical, exotic life!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Kala said...

you know, I read that article and even have that magazine - so cool - they have a great life - AWESOME life and ohana!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home