Hawaiian Girl

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Derby pick

My Daddy ALWAYS took me to the track....I love EVERYTHING about horse racing!!! I think of my Daddy during the Kentucky Derby, since he was from Kentucky & looooved his horse racing. Today, as always, I will choose my pick for the Derby. Now, I said I love going to the horse races...I didn't say I'm good at PICKING THEM!!!
My 1st instinct was to go with...."HOLD ME BACK". I am familiar with Kent Desormeaux. we used to watch him race @ Santa Anita track. so it holds close to my heart.
Alika's choice: "General Quarters"
In memory of my Dad...I will choose "Dunkirk"...not as though that would be HIS choice, but he did teach me "if there is a GREY horse...always bet on it!" as though it was good luck or a magic tip. I was looking through the horse's and saw this grey one and ....I just HAD TO!!!
Tiki's choice: Non other than...."Chocolate Candy"!! surprising huh?! Actually looks like a good horse. Good luck to all playing the Derby!!!!

3 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Tami said...

The horses are all sooo beautiful !!

Kay...Mike is with Alika...wanting the old high school principle's horse to win...

I gotta go with Tiki and Chocolate Candy !!! : )

Love you !! MMMMwah !!!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

I now think of you when it comes Derby time. What great memories you have of the time spent with your dad!

This was the first year we haven't been in town when the Derby was going on. It was very different but totally worth it! Next year maybe y'all can join us!!!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger KJS said...

My roommate went to the Belmont Stakes this year ... she loved it. Wore a big, floppy hat and everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home