Hawaiian Girl

Monday, January 18, 2010

" I WILL NOT......" List

My daughter is 6....she had her first "I WILL NOT..." list.....ahhhh my nerves..

My girl has independence to a nuisance!!!! I admire it, glad she has it...but at times its a battle of TOO MUCH!!!

I love her unconditionally....beyond what I thought the human heart is capable of...but boy..TODAY I WAS TESTED BEYOND !! I know every parent (maybe for different reasons) feels like i did today, and if they DON'T...THEY ARE PROBABLY LYING (haha)....

It took every fiber of my mind to think of HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE.. I GUESS THE STORK FORGOT MY PARENT MANUEL....so I am on my own with this.

I have TRULY tried various solutions...looked it up on the computer, books..

Of course a glass of red wine, some Gouda cheese is on my list of "How to handle..." EVERY SITUATION (hee hee) but as of now...no wine OR cheese in the house...so shes tries this for the first time and my wine is replaced to WHINE ON MY BLOG!!! Thanks for listening and by tomorrow I will gaze into her eyes as she says "I love you Mom" and this too shall pass.

5 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Ahhh, good luck with that!

Naomi is much more challenging than my boys ever were. I keep trying different angles, hoping I will find the miracle cure. I guess that's the bad part of wanting them to be strong, independant, and self thinkers!

Just remember, they do remember YOUR WORDS as well as YOUR ACTIONS.

Oh, and blog whine is free and no calories!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Remember when we used to blog? Miss ya.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Katie said...

This post was written on my birthday. I'm not sure what that's relevant. There is really no connection since Tiki and I have absolutely no relation. But I see in this post what my mother had to deal with in raising me. And I just wanted to tell you that I loved my mother madly then and I love her even more now.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Dina said...

ssooooo sorry guys....I am and have been sooo bad at blogging!!!! Im glad for all of u who read this silly blog of my life and I will TRY to do better!! Kathy - thanks for always reminding me that this is free & no calories!!
Candy- I do miss blogging & reading...dang facebook got me...
Katie- I too understand what MY MOTHER had to go through and although my mom is no longer here, I WISH i knew how hard it CAN BE!! Happy belated!!

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I got your comment. Email me sometime. We could use a good chat. Just put "dina" or something in the subject line so I can find you in m spam file. csgilbert56@aol.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home