Hawaiian Girl

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"The MIND is the FIRST TO GO...".


My Dear Nana used to have such wonderful, funny sayings...and "The mind is the first to go" was one of my favorites! It's clearly happening to me, which frightens me....I was to have a dinner date with my friend Tami..been planned for DAYS!! She calls last night, were giggling on the phone like two teenagers-a girls night OUT!!
This morning my husband gets up @ 4am & gives me a kiss before he heads off to get ready for the morning. This morning I was QUITE ANNOYED by it, but I didn't want him to feel bad. It did after all, take no longer than 3 seconds! The door shuts, I roll over......BAM!!! My eyes FLY OPEN...."what is TODAY???!!!, WHAT IS THE DATE TODAY??", I jump out of bed to the livingroom. He's not there, front door wide open ( oh hello ). He is taking out the trash. I run to a calender SEPT. 13th. OMG!!!! It's my HUSBANDS BIRTHDAY!!!! What the hell is wrong with me lately??? :(
My thought deverts to me & Tami's conversation last night & how she is soooo looking forward to dinner....Oh I screwed up here BIG TIME!!! If my husband had made plans with his buddy on MY B-day....lets just say another WAR would of started!!
I quickly think, think....I hear him coming. I shut the door ( as though he's locked out ) and WATCH HIS REACTION IN THE PEEPHOLE!!! ( LOL ) I belong in a institute!!! My Dad was always playing practical jokes on me, and I LOVE IT, I love doing it to people....they don't like it soo much! Anyway, I see him coming, I'm trying sooo hard not to let him hear me laugh my ass off...he reaches for the door ( I thought I'd get a reaction when he saw the door was CLOSED) he turns the knob....LOCKED. right away he bows his head ON the peephole and gasps " ohhhh noooo" I open the door & say " Surprise!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY". He was sooo relieved he didn't have to wake me up to open the door!( he's done it once, and that was enough).
Now, I look like the hero that never forgot my honeys b-day. but I'm too honest, I tell him the truth and how I REALLY want to take him to dinner. I call my friend, she laughs at me and says " I'll watch Tiki, you guys go out!" She means everybit of it, of course I feel like crap....but she is SUCH A ANGEL , I know she would enjoy being with Tiki just as much as having our night out..

So , my forgiving ( thank God ) husband, Happy Birthday!!
to Tami, we WILL take a raincheck!! Thank you for being you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home