Hawaiian Girl

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

SIBLING SECRET....

We used to "pretend" we were the Partridge family...we wanted to be just like them. We would practice everynight. Big Brother Tim, was "Keith"....his instrument..a tennis racket. ( NONE OF US EVER PLAYED A INSTRUMENT), Sister Teri, was "Lori". I think we did have a somewhat of a small organ player. Now I ,(being the tomboy) wanted to be "Chris" and play the Drums!!! I fought hard for it, but my brother Greg won that role ( it was more fitting), so there I was..."Tracey" with the Tamborine!!! HOW BORING!! I clearly remember my parents probably thinking to themselves..."Where are the kids??!" They opened the bedroom door as we were tucked away in the back room singing " I Think I love You".
Man, those were the days!!

7 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

Wonderful, happy memories. You are blessed!

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tracey...I mean Dina, that is hilarious and that song brings back such great feelings of childhood...My lunch box in elementary was "The Partridge Family" and looked just like their bus !!! Hee..hee...I am gonna make Tim and Teri sing a few bars next time I see them! Thanks for bringing back memories for me too !
Love ya..see...I told you, you were ""groovey"....

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the partridge family! Huh, I feel kinda old now!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I loved that show. I thought they had the best life. I always wanted to play the drums too but my mom wouldn't let me. I do have a brother who plays guitar and one who plays accordian. They got stuck entertaining all the time.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Toooo funny..I used to do that too! ......wait a minute, I STILL DO! HA HA HA HA!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Dina said...

D- boy I feel blessed to be in "those" days!!

Tami- too hip, I can listen to music & memories forever!

ann- who didnt like the partridge family...your not old...but it does seem like a whole world ago!

Candy-this is how silly I am...my husband told me HE WILL GET ME DRUMMING LESSONS!! ( He knows its always been a fantasy of mine)! I'll keep ya posted!

Mike- YOU ROCK!! why did you never teach me??!!! instead I used "felt pens" (as drums) and got ink ALL OVER YOUR NEW COUCH!! Remember that??!! I'm sure you doo...that would of been the THEE time to say "Let me show ya how its done!"

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Air guitar - man, I'm the BEST air-guitarist ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home