Hawaiian Girl

Saturday, December 02, 2006

THOSE WERE THE DAYS !!!!


The summer of 82 !!!! My Dear friend Penny who is originally from Buffalo N.y. was going to school in California. Her & I hit it off. This summer she invited me to stay with her sister in Cheektowaga N.Y. I did and I LOVED IT!! Loverboy was the "Hot" band at the time & when I hear it now it brings me all the way to Buffalo! I have sooo many fond memories....met awesome people, who still are my friends!!!
Although it was hot & MUGGY, I look forward to returning one day.
I've ALWAYS wanted to see N.Y.C. , but Buffalo's as close as I got....

6 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Vonnie said...

We have been to NYC three times and I love it. Last year we were there Christmas week and got to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. It was wonderful!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Reverend Shawn said...

Lover Boy ??? !!!

A great CANADIAN band ... okay, a good Canadian band ... oh wait ... it was a Canadian Band, and the music was good for the time ...

Actually, the 80's were pretty bleak musically weren't they ... atleast you didn't post Culture Club ...

love the blog Dina - makes me smile and laugh ... keep it up ...

Like you, one day I want to visit NYC too ... I've only flown over it once on the way to Cuba ... the closest I've been is Niagara Falls (Cdn side) ... watched Buffalo TV stations growing up, but never even got there ...

One day ..

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Dina said...

vonnie- thats when I want to go! I will make it one year during x-mas season.

rev- I agree, Loverboy was good for that time!!! I say we go visit Katie!!! she would be thee best host , and a whole lot of fun!!

I did go see Niagra Falls when I was there. so I was sort of in "your" neck of the woods...

I'd like to go back someday.

Stay warm rev, and keep the bbq going!!

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Candy said...

The most magical Christmas Geoff and I ever spent was in NYC. It's an amazing place to visit this time of year! Cold but well worth it.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Dina said...

candy- post your pictures of your time there!! I'd love to see them!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

adidas stan smith women
yeezy boost 350
jordan retro
yeezy boost
michael kors outlet
air max 90

jordan shoes
true religion jeans
michael kors handbags sale

 

Post a Comment

<< Home