Hawaiian Girl

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Just another day at work....

I had a funny experience, and right away I thought of Bill Cosby's show " Kids say the darndess things!!!"

Yesterday was quite busy in my Health Room, all very sick with fever & (sorry) getting sick. I started to feel a bit queezy myself.

One boy came in with a very red & irrated eye. He said Itchy, blah blah blah....possible pink eye?? ( they NEED TO GO HOME IF PINK EYE). Call the mom, she's NOT calling back. Boy explains ( or COMPLAINS) " all she does is drive around at work, she should be answering or calling back right away". No call. I Keep trying, she finally answers cell....SHE sounds very sick!!! I explain the situation, she goes on to say she has the flu ( and sounds EVERY bit of it), she was going to call me back and see if arrangements could be made for someone else to pick up her boy. I hang up. Tell him that she's going to get a neighbor or someone to help her cuz she sick. He looks at me, very matter of factly and says " I don't know why she's soo sick, she was fine last night when she went to a wine tasting party ALL NIGHT". oooohhhhhh, I tried not to snicker with laughter and feel like I had just embarked on a little family secret!! All I kept thinking to myself was " Boy, please do NOT repeat this when your Mother comes in to sign you out!" I was partially cringing with the thought of " I'm SURE she would of DIED if she knew he just told me that". Life is funny, kids are too honest. I guess thats why I LOVE them soo much!

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I get to hear all sorts of interesting things in my job too! Kids are the best!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home