Hawaiian Girl

Sunday, November 19, 2006

YEEEEE HAAAAWWW !!!!

Wow!!! Last night went to PBR ( Professional Bull Riding). Here in Hawaii, you DON'T get these kind of opportunities very often. It was EXCITING, yet there was compassion for the riders AND the Bulls. I've watched this on T.V. My Dad used to LOVE to watch this, or take all of us to the local Rodeo. I want to hire the DJ who played all this cool music, me & Tiki were dancing in our seats. (Alika was moving a bit too :) )

They pull the rope, the gate flies open and you don't know what to expect...a longhorn, spotted, no horn, but big hump on his back....the Bulls all have their own "look" that makes me wonder ....Why, would ANYONE look at him and think, " I can get on his back for 8 seconds". They are pretty intimidating! A couple of guys got STOMPED on after their dismount...I Don't care to see that part of it.

One Bull, started chasing every one down ( clowns, etc) HE WOULD NOT GO BACK INTO THE GATE, they tried cornering him, then roping him & dragging him back into the gate...I think that was disturbing to Tiki...she looked at me with such worry and said " Mom, I'll be back...I going to help him" and she tries to exit her seat.
Alika looked at me and said "just like Mommy". I have a "need" not to hurt things ( cockroaches, bugs in the house) my theory is "capture" it & take it outside. Drives my husband NUTS!!!
I believe my little girl is a "HELPER" beyond. AWESOME EVENT, looking forward to next time they come to Hawaii!!!

4 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

When we were children, we went to the rodeo, and horse shows that were anywhere near driving distance. Every year we would go to the county fair and part of the attraction was the horses. Even the counties surrounding ours would have rodeos or horse shows and we would be there. Your love of it comes to you naturally.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Vonnie said...

I have never been to a rodeo, yet here in Tucson Rodeo Days is a big event and school is even dismissed. Maybe next year we will go. Of course I would much rather go to a rodeo in Hawaii. Glad you had fun.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Rodeos were a big deal for me when I was a child too in Colorado. It's a pretty big deal here in Abilene now. Max used to love to go. Then he grew up and got into sports. I always wondered if he would rodeo. But he's not interested. So now we watch football.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Dina!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home