Hawaiian Girl

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A GIFT...TO ME.


As I drove into work this morning , listening to Christmas music on the radio, I think of WONDERFUL childhood memories....and for some reason NEW YORK!! Never been there, always wanted to...especially during THIS season!!! It reminded me of a Director friend of mine who was going there to film a movie...."ahhh, I've always wanted to go there", I declared. He paused and said " Then GO". VERY SIMPLE. That's his personality...GET IT DONE, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING. and of course my personality is thoughts running through my mind of the "HOW'S" . Money, kid...etc...its not sooo EASY just to say "Then Go". But this morning, for some odd reason his words spoke to me. I COULD GO! IT JUST TAKES TIME TO SAVE, DISCIPLINE, BUT IT IS NOT UNREACHABLE!!! so I've decided I will make a NYC jar...and put aside a certain amount of money so that we CAN GO ONE XMAS...and QUIT "TALKING " ABOUT IT!! If i had a penny for every time I've told someone I wanted to go there. or at least start saving since I say I want it soooo bad, I could of been there a dozen times!! SO! My present to me....IS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! I am ALIVE!! there is NO other reason not to see dreams come true!

6 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can so identify with your post. I've said the same thing a million times. I fall back on the excuse of kids and finances as well. I've caught your (and his) spirit of "just go." I'll let my husband know when he gets home :)

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

Maybe you can make New York City and Kentucky in the same trip. The airfare will be the highest cost. Go see the Big Apple first and then crash with us.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Dina said...

rachel- its sooo easy just to "say" things isn't it??!! I had a dove chocolate today and inside is a message on the foil...it read "fearless" . I thought THATS WHAT I NEED TO BE!! and things will GET DONE!

Dianne- sounds good!! I'm coming to Kentucky too.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Katie Bowen said...

And you know who will be here to be your personal tour guide! New York at Christmas time is insane, crowded, cold and wonderful! Carriage rides in Central Park, roasted almonds from street vendors, music and that big old tree at Rockefeller Center. Oh yes, and we mustn't forget ice skating at Wallman rink! Make it happen Dina, we will have a blast. Of course, I'll leave you and your husband alone as well, it's a great town for romance.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Dina said...

oh Katie,

YOU JUST SEALED THE DEAL!!!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Sounds like you have some saving to do, and some planning.

Joe's brother lives in NYC and has invited us many times. Maybe if Elijah gets that scholarship I'll get to do some traveling!

I like your idea of, just do it, it's the only way it's going to get done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home