Hawaiian Girl

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Looks can be deceiving !!!


What does this look like??? CATTLE HERDING?!! (Buzzard goes off) ERRRRRR!!! wrong.
This is ME trying to be a P.E. teacher for K-3rd graders!!!! No wonder this position was open at the Elem. school!!! I at first was thrilled! Teach them "Duck, Duck goose...Skip!, Play"
Heeeey , right up MY ALLEY..PLAYING and getting paid for it!!! They failed to tell me that rounding up 16-18 Kindergartners was what I was REALLY getting PAID FOR!!!
The grass suddenly attracts all the kids allergic (they ALL aren't but once that "excuse" is out there....) I loudly gives directions, as soon as game begins, NO one had been completely listening....there was after all hair to be braided, bugs to be examine ( only when teacher is talking ) and boys telling each other to hit their ...um...well I guess they are testing what it feels like to be hit without a cup ....ahhhh, so glad I had a girl!!! I'm new to them, but wait till I feel comfortable...Hopefully they will hear me better!!!
4 classes a day, trying to fill 45 min of P.E. to kids who get hot & tired very fast is much more of a challenge than I had expected. Thank God for WHISTLES!!!

2 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

This is very funny! Good luck, it sounds like a lot of work, but a lot of fun!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I love the way you worked that photo into the post!! Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home