Hawaiian Girl

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

YES!!



I'm really happy for Obama!!! Living in Hawaii with such a wide range of Nationalities....has definetly made me colorblind. I DO remember living & growing up in California and FEELING the prejudice....I never had it. My best friend was a black girl in high school....but my friendship stopped when the bell rang. I did not feel comfortable bringing her to my house!!! ( for fear of what everyone else would think or say, not cuz I didn't want her there) or neighborhood for that matter. But she was such a dear girl, funniest person, and a heart the size of Texas!!! People come in Good AND Bad, color has NOTHING to do with it!!!! It truly starts AT HOME!!! Passing things down from generation to generation & without REALLY knowing a person. History was made.....to think that "the white people" wouldn't even let them EAT in the same building .....Pay back is a B*&#% !!!! Obama is not here to payback, (thank God) he is interesting in bringing us all together...we should learn from that! ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!! I'm not a person who feels YOU SHOULD BELIEVE IN THIS BECAUSE I DO.... We all have our own hearts, and beliefs.

4 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

I am happy for Barack Obamba as well as our country. I think he is our best bet for getting our country back on track. It is time for us to forget about race!

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

The excitment is everywhere! Now lets pray he is surrounded by good people and is able to REALLY make a difference.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Frankie said...

my problem wasn't race, it is his
stand on abortion, and other right
to life issues that concern me.
I pray all will go well.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Kala said...

Its great to have a whole new administration. But gosh, does he have his hands full with the financial crisis, unemployment, Iraq, Iran, Afganistan, Mexico, Darfur, Somalia, North Korea, Pakistan, and yadayada. It will take a while to see things get better but all I gotta say is... Change We Must, Yes We Can =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home