Hawaiian Girl

Thursday, September 14, 2006

MY DAD!!!!!

Here he is......it's hard to imagine he's been gone for 14 years!!! I truly looked up to him in every respect!! He was Happy, Fun, and a Taurus...stubborn as hell!!! Him & I just had this relationship that I feel soooo blessed by. I can't imagine anyone hating their father ( or MOTHER). His name: Dean. Yep, PROUD TO SAY I WAS NAMED AFTER HIM!! He was quite a character, a practical joker. I have only this picture of him & one of him & Mom ( who is also gone ..13 yrs). Sad, you build a LIFE with people, then they die and almost thike they never exsisted, possesions are GONE! That's what memories are for. He worked in the T.V./Film industry and my FAVE thing to do was go to work with my Dad!! this is where all his jokes would come out. One day filming at a hospital, he said " I gotta go bathroom" " Me too" I said. We didn't use the trailor bathrooms that piticular time ( not sure why ), went in the hospital. Our door were next to each other. He said " If you get out before me, wait right here". We to the restroom, and as I was washing my hands, in my mind I was PLOTTING something to do to him. This elderly lady ( 80's) had a cane, finished washing her hands & slowly walked outside. the door opened and I heard my Dad yell " BOOOOOO!!!" I spun around, she was clutching her purse, YELLING " HELP, HE'S TRYING TO GET MY PURSE!!"
OVER & OVER!! My poor Dad was mortified!!! He was trying to explain to her that he thought it was his daughter coming out.. the more he tried to explain, she was FREAKIN OUT! I felt bad for the old lady and came to Dad's rescue. She finally calmed down, but was very upset. I turned to my Dad ( so she could hear me ) and said " HOW DID YOU GET OUT OF LOCKDOWN, the nurses must be searching all over for you". Yes! I am truly blessed.

3 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Dina said...

I used to live there, I'm very aware of the dreary days! all the smog I think..holds too much toxic things floating around that you breath. But L.A. has alot of great things too!!
Dina

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Remember when we planted the fake dog S&*t in the Palm Springs house...Pops didn't even FLINCH! I lOVED your parents, I know it's was a stupid thing, but it was pretty funny yah?

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Dina said...

how funny, I was going to mention that one!!! It's always nice when they left an impression on people! Man I wish we kept that Palm Spring house..It would of been a great way to get ALL together, even though we still live here!! Man, my B-day party was F-U-N!! WISH I HAD THOSE PICTURES!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home