Hawaiian Girl

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Dedicated to people who care for SPECIAL ED KIDS !!!!

I just want to say, MAHALO to ALL the people who care for Special Ed kids!! Teri, Vonnie, Ursel...etc... I worked yesterday and had a emergency call to the Special Ed Room , where a beautiful little girl was having a seizure. This is the first time I've EVER seen one..and on a little girl hit me in the heart!!! That could be my girl. I know there is not much to DO for one but in this case the EA's held her hand and said "squeeze my hand if you can hear me" SHE DID!!!
Apparently she has been having them more frequent & ambulance had to come ( at the request of the mother).

Not to have a depressing post, but more of a "pat on the back" to those who take care of the kids who cannot take care of themself's.

Needless to say when I picked up Tiki from school I hugged her soo tight , my vains were popping out!!!

And those of you who have kids with Special needs....They TRULY are SPECIAL !!!

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

I know what you mean Dina. I thank God that my child doesn't go through that stuff but I can't help but notice that these special needs children teach us something. Special Ed and inclusion are the greatest thing that has ever happened to the educational system. My class gets to see the special needs kids and interact with them in the bathroom. Its so important that they are not hidden away.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Dina said...

Beverly I think thats AWESOME...I think when they are hidden away, kids get "afraid" that they might be "different", but the interacting is EXACTLY what EVERYBODY needs.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

You are so right. Thank God for the SPECIAL CARE GIVERS!!!

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I couldn't agree more with this post. Those kids are special and all the kids need to know it. I have a huge appreciation for them and their families.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home