Hawaiian Girl

Monday, April 16, 2007

Back at home....


Alika came home yesterday. He had gone to another Island to work on base. An emergency hire. Friday, Sat. Sun. I was "looking forward" to just us girls in the house. I had it allll planned out. Didn't really work out that way...some detours, but I guess in the long run, it will considered a better "road". We got to play with my sisters kids which is ALWAYS nice to have..Tiki just is in her glory when the two boys are here. (15 & 9) . They spent most of the morning wrestling ( my place is NOT big enough for the way these guys wrestle!) Then, there is my "little girl" with her dressed in pink- in a head lock & POUNDING ON THE BOYS!!! she wears many faces...like her mom. she can be the "girl", the "sensitive pouter", and the rascal who wants to head butt without ANY FEAR. yikes.
We went to the airport , Tiki sleeping, I had to make 3 laps around before he came out, she must have "smelled" the airport....you can always tell when your at the airport, besides all the hustle & bustle. the gas!
Anyway she gets ONE GLIMPSE OF DADDY, ( Dad gets quite mushy in his greeting with her too) and the crocodile tears, boo-boo lip , floods of the dam had broke!!!!! You wouldn't even know I EXISTED!!! He ripped her out of her baby seat and said "I wanna take her with me to get my luggage". Then I get a "Hi Honey " kiss , and there off!!! She had a grip soo tight on his neck.
I realize in that moment....how much I had MISSED HIM. They got back in the car and I finally got my turn. Then a car honked to MOVE IT!!! off we went back home. This morning dropping her off, Dad calls to say "Good Morning "( he leaves earlier)and all she can say is "Daddy YOU pick me up from school, not Mommy".
My Dad was EVERYTHING to me , so to hear & see them this way makes me very HAPPY!!

1 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Kids are funny, you never know what they will say or do. Mine are not slow to show their emotions too!

Hopefully Alika won't be called out too much. Sounds like Tiki might not let him go next time!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home