Hawaiian Girl

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

WHAT IS YOUR CALLING ???!!!!!

Did anyone get a chance to see Oprah yesterday?? Yeah, I know everyone's got a life...but it's as though it was just for me!!! So many crossroads for me now....It was about are you doing what your CALLED to do! It took me all of about zero point 6 seconds to answer to Oprah ( she was by the way asking ME..hee hee) NO!!! NO, NO NO. I got this job to have a schedule with my daughter so when she goes to school, we could be off together. I loooooove kids, I love helping them...but two things have occurred in the 6 mos. I've been there. #1- I work for Dept of Health. all that was REQUIRED is CPR/First Aid cert. (which I got). Our position is moving over to the Dept of EDUCATION now, and poses SUBSTITUTES no work after June 31.... # 2- More & more parents and staff seem to "look" upon me as a NURSE..whether is questions about medications...procedures beyond my training...and they look at me like I don't know what I'm doing. I'm a HEALTH AID, NOT A HEALTH NURSE!!!! and it's really bringing me to a place that I'm not comfortable. shoots, I will not be doing this after June 31st ANYWAY.... so again I feel like I gotta start all over, and I don't like that. so today I pray for MY CALLING , that the clarity of it leaves me confident and strong again!!!

4 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Oh Dina! I FEEL for you!! Follow your dreams, everything will work out for you in time.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger KJS said...

I''m still trying to HEAR it ...

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Vonnie said...

Dina,
I am so sorry you have to start over - Maybe you should consider being a Special Education aide, those kids need your upbeat personality.

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger Candy said...

Dina - All I can say is I'm glad I wasn't watching Oprah. That kinda stuff always gets me. But I'm 50 now and I'm still not sure what I'm going to be when I grow up. So, I get up everyday and try to remember to give my whole self to God and then walk through whatever door He opens. That's about the best I can do. I can say that when I'm in the midst of it - my Calling - I know it. And today that happens more often than not. There's no title for it though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home