Hawaiian Girl

Friday, April 13, 2007

A Poem as a simple reminder.....

FAMILY....

I ran into a stranger, as he passed by "Oh, Excuse me please!" was my reply. He said "Please excuse me too; I wasn't watching for you". We were very polite, this stranger & I. We went our way and said goodbye.
But at home a different story is told, how we treat our loved ones, young and old.
Later that day, I nearly knocked him down "MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!" I said with a frown. He walked away, his little heart broken. I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.
While I lay awake in bed, God's still voice came to me and said "While dealing with a stranger, common courtesy you use, but with the family you love, you seem to abuse. Go and look on the kitchen floor, you'll find some flowers , there by the door. Those are flowers he brought for you, he picked them himself: pink ,yellow, blue. He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise, you never saw the tears that filled his eyes."
By this time , I felt very small and now MY tears began to fall. I quietly went and knelt by his bed "Wake up, little one, wake up." I said " Are those flowers you picked for me?" He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree. I picked 'em because they're pretty like you, I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue." I said "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today, I shouldn't of yelled at you that way." He said " Oh Mom, that's okay, you know I love you anyway."

FAMILY = (F)ather (A)nd (M)other (I) (L)ove (Y)ou

Family are you aware that if we die tomorrow the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family we leave behind will feel the loss forever!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Dina, I think you and I think alike.

I really enjoyed the poem.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I have read it before, but I could always use a reminder, unfortunately. Thank you my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home