Hawaiian Girl

Thursday, September 21, 2006

CPR CERTIFIED !!!!!

Okay, I admit it!!! I'm a mother of a ( almost ) 3 year old, and I'm JUST NOW completed a CPR course today. By the grace of GOD, I haven't needed it on my own child....but I feel like it's REALLY important, and what took me sooo long??!!!! As I took this course, I began the course feeling like a hero already! I could NOW save my baby...someone else's baby...AN ADULT!! WOW!!! I could be very VALUABLE to a stranger in need.....this is too cool. My Instructor was Hawaiian, and ALL OF IT!! He was a bigger man, and as most Hawaiian men are, FUNNY AS HELL!! He was making light of situations...to the point of it was though he was a comedian and I was his audience!! nobody ( well , one guy-he too was hawaiian) was seeing his humor. I looked around the room and everyone else was very "Mainlander". They seemed agitated at his having a little fun. I felt the need to stop laughing when he told stories...I think he enjoyed someone "getting" his humor, and as long as I was his audience, he was going to keep going. WHAT PRESSURE ON ME!!! come on people....they were ALL SO SERIOUS!!
Time continues on.....now anyone that KNOWS ME....knows I have a little secret....I AM A HYPOCONDRAITE!!!!! Not too much anymore, but It does creep up now & then. So we get into "Heart Attacks" & the symtoms....now ALL OF A SUDDEN, I CANT BREATHE!!!! MY PALMS ARE SWEATY, yeah, I feel pressure in my chest ( basically what ever he is saying...I START FEELING IT)!!!! Oh get a grip girl!!!! I can be sooo pathetic that way.... he says " Now, STROKE symtoms" I think "Dear God, I just had a heart attack, I don't think I can bear to have a STROKE RIGHT NOW!!!!" I slowly get a GRIP ( after much praying ) then we take the quiz....I got a A- thank you, thank you.....I get in my car and think "WHO IS GOING TO SAVE ME??" I come home and my husband says " how did it go?" I flashed him my certificates and said " It took a heart attack & a stroke, but I SURVIVED!!" . In ALL SERIOUSNESS, I really can save your life after that class...that's all that matters.

3 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

Great idea. You never know when you will need it. I love reading your blog!:)

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too funny ! I can see you squirmin' in your seat !!! What amazing power our minds have !!! God can use that for something awesome if we give Him our fear thoughts and replace them with His...We are His kids...its all good for us cuz of that and you must put a big smile on His face...hee...hee...mine too..love ya !

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I laughed out loud reading this! Good for you for taking the class and enjoying it! I know you made that instructors day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home