Hawaiian Girl

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

IT'S A GOOD HUMP DAY!!!

Today was to be my last day at the school I adore soo much. It was quite a busy day, one little girl said "tomorrow, I want to come in to change my bandaids". I wiped her hair out of her eyes and said "please do!, Miss T will be back tomorrow". they both looked at each other, very sad and said " why won't YOU be here?" I explained, I'm just a sub. they held hands and slowly walked out and one girl ( who FREQUENTS the health room) said " I'll miss you and I really liked you".

Ok, I was pretty pouty after that. I felt as though I was slipping into a depression...reality was hitting me. One of the office staff came in with beautiful daisy's and said this is from the office, because your sooo good with the kids and we really like you here. they hugged, I got choked up.

I was saying goodbye's the phone rang..."it's for you". My boss, GOOD NEWS.....SHE'S NOT COMING BACK FOR AWHILE!!". It is bittersweet,( I don't want someone else's health to be bad...I just want that school!!)

Now I'm jumping up & down, they join me.. I call my husband to say I got him a present....He'll see it when he comes home. I'm making a chuck roast with potatoes, etc.....went to Blockbuster to get 2 movies he's been wanting to see...I see Josh Holloway ( from "LOST") in there. I used to watch the show , until I got LOST.
So, today was a very good hump day!!

4 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

That is great news that you will get to stay at your school! Maybe Miss T enjoys having the time off and can't bring herself to go back to work. (I know I would!)
Enjoy the time you do have there and keep saying your prayers. It will work out.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

Great news!!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Vonnie said...

I'm glad for you.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Candy said...

This is VERY good news!!! Sounds like a perfectly wonderful day! I bet those girls were so happy to see you the next day! God is good, isn't He?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home