Hawaiian Girl

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ocean's Finest....



I always loved Dolphins!!! My earliest memory is my grandmother..a.k.a " Nana" taking me to Marineland in Palos Verdes,Ca. We got a couple of fish to feed them and after that I wanted to be Bud & Sandy on "Flipper". My Nana wanted to venture off to the rest of the park and I just wanted to stay right there.

Dolphins are always smiling. you wouldn't know by looking at one if they are sad...I loved that. If I ever won the lottery, my wish was to have a house with a big enough pool to have my own Dolphins. Course now I know they're better off in the ocean. I just adore them, they can make a bad day , happy again!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

I think it's great that you have wonderful memories of the dolphins. I think they are majestic creatures and we could learn a lot from them.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Vonnie said...

I love them too and also remember going to Marineland. I don't think it is there anymore, is it?

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

Oh my goodness..I use to watch flipper and then pretend my washrag was a dolphin in my bath..I'm with you..they are amazing..but..I have never seen one as up close as you I imagine.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Dina said...

Vonnie- it's not...along time ago they got rid of it. I crid forever.

Kathy- a couple of times my friends were surfing and some Dolphins came by them...I was sooo jealous!

Bev-your too cute!! My Dad used to work in t.v. industry and I used to BEG him to go work on "Flipper". first it was because the Dolphin, then I got older & thought "Sandy" was cute...hahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home