Hawaiian Girl

Sunday, July 05, 2009

OUR DAY TOGETHER

4th of July was different this year! My husband usually does this race (only 3.5 miles). This year, he wanted to do it ALL TOGETHER...AS A FAMILY!!! Tiki & Dad on one board, and me on my own...ON MY OWN...AHHHHH!!! when the flag went down, I started decent. about 2 miles in...I kept thinking "WHAT WAS I DOING THIS TO MYSELF FOR??!?!!" My friend be FORE the race was nervous ...blaming me..."HOW, did i let you talk me into this???" SHE FINISHED BEFORE I DID!!! AWESOME. Pregnant moms, doing great , little kids...about 400 contestants. My time??? 49:56 not great by any means....but I DID IT!!! I didn't realize that it is harder than it looks. worse part was , in the finishing stretch, the winds were blowing me back.. i wanted to paddle on my knees, but I could just hear Tiki , "MOM, KEEP TRYING!!!" so, i didn't. Alika was gracious enough to go along side me. Him & Tiki could of been done soooo fast, but he wanted to cross the finish line TOGETHER!!! Had a AWESOME DAY!!! Tiki took pictures , but i didn't give her my water camera, we bought a "old fashion" one that i actually have to turn in & get developed!!! HOW ODD!! :)

5 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Frankie said...

what a great family day! did you mean 2 miles out to sea? wow!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Amazing!!! You know what they say about a family that sticks together.....lots of good stuff.

It sounds like a lot of hard work but a lot of fun too. I'm really looking forward to seeing your pics!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

Sounds like Alika knows what is important. Family, sticking together! A great memory for you all. Great exercise, but soooo much fun!!!!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Candy said...

You are awesome! What a cool family memory - now that it's over!! Tiki must be very proud of you - just as proud as you are of her!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger KJS said...

Just catching up on my reading here ... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home