Hawaiian Girl

Monday, September 25, 2006

FALL IS HERE!!

Living in Hawaii has great things and not so great things...all depends what type of person you are!! I enjoy the fact that we have sunshine ALOT...but when the time of the year is Fall, it's barely reconizable. That, I'm not too fond of. I LOVE the change in season, the colors of season, but here in Hawaii, the air is the only change....10 to 20 degrees cooler. I can FINALLY wear a pair of JEANS, a sweatshirt if I'm lucky!! I'm originally from California, and it was very cold there ( comparably to Hawaii ) ( I know all you people from back east REALLY know what cold is!!). But man, I want to put on a turtle neck, some REAL boots, scarf.....I want to sit by a fireplace!!! I love fireplaces!! This season is MEANT TO BE COOL, not 78 degrees as a trade off for 96 degrees. Oh well, there are worst things in life....I just envy people who get to REALLY enjoy fall!!! Take it all in for me! Aloha.

3 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Katie Bowen said...

Dina, I do know what you mean. Especially after a long, hot east coast summer, there's nothing quite so welcoming as fall. I love it when the weather cools down, I love giving Annie a hot bath and hot chocolate after school, I love making my home cozy, lighting candles and so on. HOWEVER... check in with me come wintertime, oh my GOD! I will be walking Annie to school every morning WISHING I were in Hawaii!!!! I do know what you mean about the sweaters and the boots, but man, soon enough I'll be crying for shorts and t-shirts!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Dina said...

yeah, why is it the "fantasy" always just sounds BETTER, then in comes REALITY..I always want what I cant have :) !!

Thank for some REALITY!!

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Scott said...

I was "complaining" about this very thing the other day to my friend Beverly. She feigned compassion ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home