Hawaiian Girl

Friday, April 20, 2007

BROWN EYED GIRL.....



Last night, while getting ready for bed...she comes to me and says "will you read these?"

There were 6 books. After I picked my jaw off the floor, I told her I would read 3!! and that Mommy was a bit tired.

Like a happy camper, she sits next to me with a grin from ear to ear. ( that ALONE made it worthwhile).

towards the end of the 3rd book, she leans to my forehead and plants the sweetest kiss EVER! I stop reading, I look up and she smiles..."Your my BEST FRIEND Mom!!!"

Now, I KNOW she's intelligent...is this sincere ( which i DO realize it IS..) but at THIS VERY MOMENT- IS IT SINCERE?..... I smell conniving, AH! she's "working" me to read more books...! I AM SOOO ON TO HER....

I finish. Nothing. It's quiet. hmmm....I look at her and she says "I love you Mommy". I try to retrieve my jaw from the floor AGAIN. "I love you too..time for bed". she slips into her bed, getting cozy , as my thoughts are of GUILT. How could I think for one minute.....

I'm interrupted. "Mom?" she says.

"Yes, love?"

"Could you read ONE MORE book to me?"

Ahhhhhh,, there it IS!!! As I look at her, I get over very quickly that she was "working" me. She enjoys being read to, and what she said at that particular moment was how she was "feeling". Its MY CORRUPT THINKING that has tainted this wonderful moment. Lesson learned!!!

"Once upon a time....."

7 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

How could you EVER resist that sweet face?!

Live and learn, isn't that what parenting is all about?

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Annalisa said...

She is so gorgeous. How could you refuse her ha ha? I know how you feel. They always want one book more.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Katie Bowen said...

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!!!

PRICELESS DINA, &%$#$@#^ PRICELESS!!!!!!!

Katie
NYC

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Vonnie said...

Another terrific story - and her picture is so adorable.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger KJS said...

Is she at the age yet where she is aware how pretty she is?

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Dina said...

Hi gang- thank you,she is beautiful, sweet, but let me tell you...she gets the "Hawaiian stink eye" like as young & pretty as she is, you'd be scared of her....I DO!!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

too precious...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home