Hawaiian Girl

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

When bad people do bad things.......



This is such a sad day when kids wait all their lives & parents save all their money for this time...your kids to go SAFELY off to college! One guy has "issues" ( don't we all?!) and has to take innocent lives with him. This is a TRUE sense of selfishness....it BOTHERS ME when someone kills others and kills himself. Why not just kill yourself??! Not that I would even want them to DO THAT..but if the choice is to take others with them or do it yourself....

This is the other problem I have with people who do this....I think they do this for all the ATTENTION....now I realize they are not with us to "see" the attention, but they KNOW that this will be HUGE!!! The media coverage is soo high. When it happened yesterday, it was on CNN from 8am (Hawaii time) till I went to bed @ 10pm. Now I feel the devastation for what happened, but I also feel the MEDIA IS OUT OF CONTROL...they have nothing new to report, for hours keep saying the same thing over & over...and the "REAL" concern I have over this is that EVIL gets sooo much ATTENTION...making COPYCAT CRIMES so luring. When someone or something GOOD HAPPENS it's maybe on the news for 1 time or 2. then it's over, people miss it. "Did you hear about the guy who caught the baby that the mom threw out of the burning house?" "NOOO OMG!" then it's gone....but man, do a heinous crime and kill a lot of people...your a STAR!!

Believe me, I'm a parent, this would be HORRIBLE, and I'm not trying to say that these kids who died at the hands of a killer should not be IGNORED, OR HAVE ANY ATTENTION....I just worry that we could show the WORLD, THAT PEOPLE WHO DO GOOD SHOULD GET ACKNOWLEDGMENT TOO. I'm afraid that there is some other killer out there thinking "ooh, I got one for them, I'll be ALL OVER THE NEWS...I'LL BE FAMOUS!" I have a lot of cop friends and they agree that too much media coverage creates "copycat" crimes....Lets not let BAD things OVERSHADOW the good things that people do!

4 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I was thinking the same thing! The newspaper even compared the shooting to columbine!!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

I agree. I just hope and pray nothing like this ever happens to any of my loved ones.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I agree. We're obsessed with evil. How amazing it would be if we could hear some good news. I am so sad for those families. Jordan had a great post on this over at http://www.jordan31.blogspot.com/. It gave me some empathy for that young man. Although I'm not sure this boy was bullied. Sounds more like he was just consumed with himself.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

dang dang dang

 

Post a Comment

<< Home