Hawaiian Girl

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN....


My husband does it......my 3 year old does it........WHY DON'T I ????
Monday morning, after yet another long weekend at the beach, I came to a conclusion. I play with my girl in the water ALOT.....watch other girls/ladies (even older than myself) grab a board & head out. They are constantly making comments..."When are you gonna come out there ??" Before it was...."I have a baby, blah, blah " ENOUGH!!! On the weekends, my husband gives surf lessons/ canoe rides and Sunday from the moment he got there 8am to 5pm HE WAS NONE STOP!!! I BEGGED him to eat lunch (even bought it) he was too busy. AND THAT'S GOOD.....HE LOVES IT!!! But I realized I'm ALWAYS WATCHING everyone have all the fun. Monday, my husband took me to our friends surf shop & said "Pick out a board". My heart was pounding, as though I was already in the water waiting for the right wave.....
I have a hard time spending "BIG money". he knows that. " I want the USED one, please don't talk me out of it". So folks, I am now the owner of a surfboard. 14 years in Hawaii and this is MY FIRST! always had plenty to use...Got racks for my car. I go through this "buyers remorse"....my face gets flush....hot flashes...."what am I doing?" I am 4#&^#% years old!!! who am I???? Then it dawns on me...age is JUST A NUMBER , it's not to hinder you because you "should have" done that when I was young.....I AM YOUNG!!!! I will no longer sit around the beach watching everyone else have fun....I will START THE FUN!!! ( as the Beachboys play over & over in my head , I am 16 again )

6 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Annalisa said...

Thats awesome. Start the fun! Can't wait to see pics of the new board and you on it. Think of all the fun you are going to have.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Good for you! and good luck!! I'm sure with Alika's instruction you will master surfing in no time.

Can't wait to see the pics :)

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Vonnie said...

Go Dina!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Dina said...

I just want to be good enough not to look like a dork...can Alika help me with that??!! stay tuned!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

dork or not we want to see the pics!!!

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I am sooooo impressed! Good going girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home