Hawaiian Girl

Monday, May 28, 2007

WET N' WILD !!!!



Well obviously this is not me. but the size of the wave is the same one I caught today. When the wave is TALLER than you, you see it out of the corner of your eye and it's EXHILARATING!!!! Nobody thought I was going to catch it...but I showed them! The drop is the best part, but can be the worst if you don't get up fast enough. My next wave wasn't so great. I lost my board going over a wave that was beginning to crash, so I was "shark bait". Not really , but its funny how fine I feel ON THE BOARD. take it away, I got scared.. I swam to my friends board, and she was (with complete fun and love ) yelling at me because she was missing all the good waves...I was begging her, come on , I"m scared. finally someone I know paddled out my lost board back to me...she kept saying " I had all the best waves, but D was hanging on my board and wouldn't let me go". It was the joke of the beach. after another wave, rode it all the way in and Tiki was swimming Yelling "YEAH MOMMY, GOOD JOB!!!" She made it all that more fun and exciting!!! SHE WAS MY BIGGEST FAN....DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THAT FOLKS!!!

6 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Blogger Candy said...

I'm so proud of you for getting on that board and going for it. And yes, it doesn't get any better than having a Tiki fan.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

GO DINA, GO DINA, GO DINA!!!

That sounds awesome! You know you gotta start somewhere. Now give Tiki the camera and lets see some pics of you.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Vonnie said...

I wish I were there to cheer you on!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Annalisa said...

That sounds like so much fun. I love that your daughter is your biggest fan. How sweet!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Kala said...

Such a kewl story!
Until you're at the top of the wave looking down on top of a surfboard, you can never appreciate the drop - photo's don't do it justice, but I like this shot a lot - did u take this? I was thinking about getting a waterproof camera to take these types of shots.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Dina said...

Kala- I didn't take this photo, I stole it off goole. I promise you, your pictures are sooooo good, you would do MAGIC with an underwater camera!!! If you go to HawaiianWatershots.com...sometimes Jaime ( Ballinger ) sells his camera's for good deals!! good luck and I wait for when you get IN the water!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home