Hawaiian Girl

Monday, May 14, 2007

Magical Mother's Day...


This Mother's Day was beautiful!! To start things off I ALWAYS think of my Mother and my Dad's birthday was also May 13th!! I felt very close to them yesterday although they are not here. Alika woke up at 5am and went to the flower shop and got 2 lei's ( I was still sleeping). I had mentioned that I wanted to go out on my surfboard and throw in a lei for Mothers Day and a lei for my Dad for his birthday. During the day, I paddled out and said a quick message to both of them and tossed the leis. Then Tiki & Alika paddled up on another board and we all caught the same wave holding hands all the way in. It was REALLY NICE.
Today was also a surf contest that had live music, other activities going on. I was eating lunch when the band said they too were going on break. I guess they had the radio on and the 1st song that came on was "Teardrops fall" by Freddie Fender. THAT WAS MY PARENTS FAVORITE SONG!!!!! They bought that 45 record and played it OVER & OVER!!! us kids would yell from the room "OH, NOT AGAIN!!!"
WHEN DO YOU EVER HEAR FREDDIE FENDER on the radio??!!! I got choked up and wanted to CRY..... I really felt that my parents somehow were letting me know...we got the leis thank you!!! I had to stop eating...too many people around for me to start crying , but it felt good hearing "Their song".

6 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

I think you are right. They were there with you. I'm glad you had a good day....happy tears are always good.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Another great story. It sounds like you had a REALLY good day. At least you have wonderful memories of your parents and a husband that understands.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Annalisa said...

I love this blog. It really brought tears to my eyes. I think loved ones really try to communicate with us but we don't always catch their messages. I am glad you got yours loud and clear.

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dina!

Happy mother's day!! I love your blog! Sounds like you had a beautiful mother's day. :) I had a lovely day also. I wish I had spent the day in Hawaii, as well. Your blog always makes me miss Hawaii even more. We'll be back home in Honolulu in September for Elissa's wedding so hopefully we'll see you then!!! Love ya, Sarah, Kai, Alan and Daisy

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dina!

Happy mother's day!! I love your blog! Sounds like you had a beautiful mother's day. :) I had a lovely day also. I wish I had spent the day in Hawaii, as well. Your blog always makes me miss Hawaii even more. We'll be back home in Honolulu in September for Elissa's wedding so hopefully we'll see you then!!! Love ya, Sarah, Kai, Alan and Daisy

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I just wanted to say that this picture of your parents is beautiful.

I know that beauty is only skin deep but from what you have told me about them, their beauty is radiating from the inside out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home