Hawaiian Girl

Monday, July 06, 2009

Here goes......


Well, here they are!!! Now, I have to say....these are VERY UNFLATTERING pictures of me, but damn it, I DON'T CARE!!! I DID IT!!! so that's me in the red visor (in the middle ) and Alika & Tiki on the far right (shes sitting) Yes it was 3.5 miles DOWN THE OCEAN. In this picture you wouldn't know it, but the wind was facing me HEAD ON. I barely moved. About 100 people finished after me....I hope to have a better time next year & 15 pounds lighter !!! Alika looking at me, encouraging me as I'm WHINING "OH THE WIND.....I CAN'T DO IT..."

When we finished we all had to run up a steep sand dune ( as though I haven't had enough already..) & the anklet Tiki is sporting gives our number for our times.







Finally, thee grand finale of the day....they had a kids 5-12yr olds competing in a Paddle, Run, Swim events. Tiki wanted to sign up for paddling.
Her age division was 5-6 yr olds. they had to lay on surfboards and paddle ( like your catching a wave) from one buoy to the other AND BACK!!! She won a gold medal for her time in her AGE!!!! she doesn't have her medal on in this picture...I think her dad was looking at it.
Alika has paddled, surfed, swim...he owns NO METAL OR AWARD saying "WAIMEA BAY winner" HE is beyond stoked!!!
(Waimea bay usually in Dec has 25++++ waves...look how flat it is in the summer) I didn't have my camera so I don't have any pix of her event.

4 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Dianne said...

Looks like y'all had a great weekend!
It is wonderful when we complete the impossible. That's what it would be for me. :-) I'm so proud of Tiki! She is a REAL WINNER!!!!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Frankie said...

wow! you should be proud.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I am REALLY proud of you!!! I don't think I could do that AT ALL.

Before you said which one was you, I was noticing how strong you look. We never like pictures of ourselves!

It looks like you all had a great time. Maybe Alika will get his award this year. I must say you are smart for thinking of safety first!!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger KJS said...

Awwww, Dina, thanks for your comment on my blog! By the way, I'll be in Maui from Aug 2-9. Maybe you can recommend some must-sees? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home