Hawaiian Girl

Sunday, June 03, 2007

WHAT A DAY.....

At the end of the day...the awards are given out to all the participants of contest. "Uncle China" as kids know him , has raffle tickets to win boards and also has EXCEPTIONAL REPORT CARDS gets a free board. During all this hoopla..he then announces that he is giving a way a "blank" to this next person as being recognized as the new UP & COMING SURFER...TIKI!!!!!! I thought it was a JOKE!!! THE WHOLE BEACH SCREAMED FOR TIKI (with excitement). We went up to get this and he said with it comes a shaper & the TOP AIRBRUSH for all the big surfers to get her OWN design....I was flabbergasted! we were hoping to win a board with the raffles , but they gave her a board by recognition! I wanted to cry. She put it on top of her head and didn't want to put it down! So here it is.....I will take a picture of the "FINISHED PRODUCT" and post it then. wow....as a parent I was so happy for her...oh yeah, he also announced next year they have added on a "NOVICE DIVISION".....YES!! NOW I HAVE A CHANCE!! :)

8 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

WOW! How could you stand it! I know I WOULD have cried!! Tiki seems like such a natural, she needs a board to show off!!!

I KNOW YOU ARE SO PROUD

Tiki- keep up the good work, you are a star.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Vonnie said...

Congratulations, Tiki!

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Dianne said...

Sounds like you are going to have a busy summer. The photo of Tiki carrying her new board is awesome. I am sooooooo happy for you all. I bet Alika is walking on air, so proud of his baby. Tears of joy are the best.

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Kala said...

that is such a kewl story - I can't even imagine how good she will be when she is an adult given how good she is already.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger jane d said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Katie Bowen said...

What a GREAT story and a great day! Congrats Tiki and thanks Dina!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Dina said...

thanks all, I look forward to the final product...might be awhile. In the meantime, she's still jumping on everybody elses! :)

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Candy said...

This is amazing! I think they can see great potential in Tiki. I know you're so proud of her!! I cannot wait to see it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home